I have been doing a lot yesterday. By bedtime, I could already feel all the stress in a days work. My feet is hurting like hell, i could hardly walk, my hands are tingling and everything is aching ! Argh ! Add the fact that I could not find a comfortable position to sleep.
Until this morning, I could still feel all the pain in my body. A long warm bath helps a little bit, but one ankle is still swollen. They call this edema, and is normal when your on your third trimester. Swelling is ok for me, bu the tingling pain is uncomfortable and annoying, especially to people like me who could not tolerate a small discomfort in my body. I know, I'm a whiner !!!
A few Google search found this in BabyCenter.com
Here are a few tips to avoid swelling:
• Put your feet up whenever possible. At work, it helps to keep a stool or pile of books under your desk. At home, lie on your left side when possible.
• Don't cross your legs or ankles while sitting.
• Stretch your legs frequently while sitting: Stretch your leg out, heel first, and gently flex your foot to stretch your calf muscles. Rotate your ankles and wiggle your toes.
• Take regular breaks from sitting or standing. A short walk every so often will help keep your blood circulating.
• Wear comfortable shoes that stretch to accommodate the swelling.
• Don't wear socks or stockings that have tight bands around the ankles or calves.
• Try waist-high maternity support stockings. Put them on before you get out of bed in the morning so blood doesn't have a chance to pool around your ankles.
• Drink plenty of water. Surprisingly, this helps your body retain less water.
• Exercise regularly, especially by walking, swimming, or riding an exercise bike. Or try a water aerobics class — immersion in water may temporarily help reduce swelling, particularly if the water level is up near your shoulders.
• Eat well, and avoid junk food.