Thursday, June 25, 2009

Take care of those teeth while pregnant!

A lot of people say that you are prone to tooth ache and gum problems when you are pregnant. Some even say that some of your teeth might fall off ? Do you think it's true ? or this is another wives's tale ?

I was reading this article the other day, that dental problems are very common during pregnancy and one of these is gum disease.

These are the symptoms of gum disease:
1. Red, tender, or swollen gums
2. Gums that bleed during brushing
3. Dark red or receding gums
4. Loose teeth
5. Bad breath or bad taste in your mouth

I admit that sometimes when I brush my teeth my gums are bleeding, but I am having this even before I got pregnant.

But of course it is always better to take good care of our teeth, pregnant or not. But I am one of those people who does not love to go to the dentist. I forced myself to visit the doc when it is necessary.

Here are some tips on how to take good care of those pearly white teeth:

1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
2. Use dental floss every time your brush.
3. Follow your dentist advice.
4. Limit your intake of food that have sugar on it.
5. Drink plenty of water.

Hope every one has a good pregnancy !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Adrienne © 2009 Template Demcy Apdian-Dias