Leg cramps during pregnancy is one of the most annoying thing for me. During my first pregnancy, It started on my third trimester, but on this second one, it started from the beginning of my pregnancy. It hurts a lot at the same time it disturbs your sleep, because when I moved or suddenly stretch my legs in the middle of the night, it just came.
I tried to eat Banana, because they said that Potassium helps, I don't know if it helps but I am getting a few of them now.
Here are the things I do to avoid leg cramps:
1. If I get a cramp, I straighten my legs, point my toes toward my knees and my heels away from my body. It's like pulling your toes and heels in different direction, this really helps a lot !
2. Stretch your calf muscles to help with leg cramps.
3. Take a warm bath before going to bed.
4. Put your feet up every time you get a chance.
5. They say that Banana helps, but no idea how true it is. I ate Banana anyway as it gives a lot of nutrients.
Hope this simple tips helps !