Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby Proofing your House

I think it is time for me to start putting those safety things around the house for Andi. Just the other day, I put Andi down on the floor for her tummy time while I did some household chores. I tried to check on her every couple of minutes and every time I did that she was on different part of the living room. After a couple of minutes I heard him scream, I run onto her and found her beside the fireplace stone slab. I guess she hit her head on the slab when she rolled on her side. I was so concerned and asked my husband to put an edge protector. And he did after a couple of days. I thought of putting other safety measures around the house too.

Here are some baby proofing tips:

  • Andi now sits on her own while playing and grab things that she could reach. Don't forget to get down on your knees and check things that your baby could reach.
  • Clean the floor often for small things that she could put on her mouth.
  • Put safety gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. I need to purchase this one soon!
  • Put latched or safety locked on every cabinets and doors.
  • Put breakable things out of reach.
  • Put outlet covers. This one is very important!
  • Store all cleaning materials, medicines, vitamins, etc on the top cabinet that is out of reach.
  • Always put one hand to your baby at all times.
Hope this simple tips will help protect your child from any harm.

Goodluck !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Adrienne © 2009 Template Demcy Apdian-Dias