Thursday, May 14, 2009

Enjoying the Second Trimester

A lot of people say that the second trimester of your pregnancy is the easiest part. This is the period where you get over your nausea, headaches and trouble getting some sleep.

During second trimester, usually you could easily take a nap or ZZZZ because your body felt comfortable and not too tired most of the time. It means that little by little you are getting back those energies.

The downside though, is to start sleeping at your side since it becomes uncomfortable sleeping on your back. If you are a back or belly sleeper, this would be quite a challenge. But better to start sleeping on your side as early as now so you will get used throughout your pregnancy.

I remember with Gabz, I used to lie on my right side. They said that it is better to lie on the left as it helps blood flow and nutrients to the baby. It helps you get rid of waste and fluids too. But then every time, I turn on my left, she starts kicking and wring ling inside my tummy. Mommy has no choice but to turn on my right again so both of us could go to sleep.

With this second baby, I feel so much comfortable sleeping on my left. So you see, each one of them is different, so whatever works just to make you and the baby sleep better.

Another thing is, you start to get hungry most of the time !!! So don't forget to buy some pretzels and crackers to nibble in case you get hungry in the middle of the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Adrienne © 2009 Template Demcy Apdian-Dias