I think it is the right time to shop for baby's essentials, now that our belly is not too big yet. It is quite difficult to walk like a Penguin around the mall when you are eight months pregnant. So, I think as early as now it is best to start with our shopping galore !!
Here are a few rough baby's wardrobe that you would be needing when the baby comes:
1. 3 side-snap shirts or shirts that has opening at the side. If you are a first time mom, this is so much easier in changing your baby's shirt.
2. Few pairs of pajamas.
3. Matching shirt and pants for going out.
4. Bodysuits. Splurge on this one especially if you give birth on cold months.
5. Coveralls (without feet).
6. A few pairs of socks / booties. And a hat that goes with it.
7. Mittens. I used this to cover her hands so she won't scratch his/her face.
8. A sweater or a coat. If during winter you might want to buy a Bunting.
10. Burp cloths or Bibs
It is up to you how many pairs of each you wanted to buy. But, don't buy so much because baby's grows so fast. Sometimes they used it for just a few times and suddenly they outgrown it already.
Enjoy shopping !!!